Virginia Beach City Public Schools is beginning to plan for the future of its Princess Anne Middle School facilities. However, creating a responsive school environment isn’t rigidly defined by square-footage or construction budgets; more importantly, it’s about making thoughtful connections between learning and facilities. Thus, the development of any strategy for addressing facilities must begin with an understanding of the educational vision – including goals, strategies and projected future needs – that these facilities are intended to support. http://stylerevival.co/2015/10/28/everyday-style/ In short, instruction should drive construction.
The general scope of work includes analyzing the teaching and learning philosophy and practices of Princess Anne Middle School (PAMS) and translating this information into an “educational plan” that will guide the design and development of a middle school to serve the present and future needs of the PAMS community.
The middle school planning effort is, by nature, a collaboration among students, staff, and the wider community. Together, we will develop a plan that is both thoughtful and actionable, both inspirational and responsible, both respecting the past and looking towards the future. We invite the entire community to help us achieve these goals! While there are several open-invitation meetings planned, you may also sign-up for additional opportunities for more in-depth participation. Stay tuned for more details…
This site exists as a place to share the process, progress, activities and events relating to the visioning, planning and design efforts. Please check back frequently for new information and updates!
A few tips on how to use this site:
- The site is configured to open in web browsers and on mobile devices. It will have a slightly different look depending on which browser and/or device you are using, but all the information is the same.
- Whenever you see blue text, it is an active link to further information.
- All upcoming events are listed in the side-bar (typically on the right, but some devices have it at the bottom or left). Click on any event to see additional details. A full listing of events can be accessed through the “Event Details” tab.
- Use the “Follow Along” tab to find presentations, hand-outs, meeting summaries, etc. of planning activities and events.
- Remember that this site exists to share information as the work progresses, so plan to visit frequently for new content!
This site was created and is being maintained by BrainSpaces, the educational facilities planning consultant engaged by the District. We welcome your input throughout the process.
CLICK ON THE BLUE TAB ON THE RIGHT OF ANY PAGE TO OFFER YOUR IDEAS & COMMENTS. (Depending on your device, you might need to roll your mouse to the edge of your window to see the “What do YOU Think” tab appear).
Comments received will be vetted and posted on the “Your Insights" page. Take a look at what others are saying!
Or feel free to direct any comments, questions, insights and suggestions regarding this website or the middle school planning process to BrainSpaces by following the instructions on the bottom of the “Your Insights” page.